Our available and past training courses
By Millie Salkeld (The News)
My pride of place used to be the head of the table. My oak legs stood firm for family dinners, my cushioning provided the comfort at catch up lunches and I really came into my own over Christmas.
But those days are long gone.
Now I have scuff marks, a rip in my cover and a wobbly leg.
It is a sad day as my family loads me into a van to take me away. The journey does not take very long but as the engine judders and cuts out I feel useless.
The doors open and instead of the dump I was expecting to see, I am greeted with a group of people and a bright art studio.
Just like me, this group is getting a new lease of life.
Junk to Funk workshops provide the opportunity for those on benefits and people with disabilities to gain confidence and skills for employment.
Paul Robinson, from charity Learning Links, has run courses around Hampshire including in their warehouse in Portchester and the 53-year-old is currently running four week courses in Unit3 Studio in Fareham.
‘Everyone working together on something like this is really important, especially as funding can be tight. But I believe this course is really important and makes a difference to people’s lives.’
Changing Junk to Funk offers eligible learners support in employment and self-employment through fun and creative upcycling workshops.
The workshops also offer guidance with skills training, business marketing & finance advice. Changing Junk to Funk will lead you on a journey of tailor-made self-development.
- Eligibility criteria: courses are FREE to learners who:
- Reside in Fareham Borough
- Do NOT hold a full level 2 qualification
- And / or are in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit
- And /or have a disability and/or learning disabilities.
The course runs from 10:00am – 4:00pm and is 4 sessions over 4 weeks. FREE transport and lunch is included.
Please enquire about our upcoming workshops throughout September, October, November and December 2018
To find out more or reserve places phone Paul or Tracey on 0345 180 2627 or 07792 643215 Email: email@example.com
After completing your NVR therapy we offer a valuable support service to enable continued refreshment of the skills you have learned.
- Have a safe environment to share your thoughts and experiences
- Have others value parental experiences and abilities and offer practical strategies
- Regular catch up sessions to refresh your knowledge
- Help and support to rebuild relationships with your child/children
- Knowing you are not alone
- Sharing your journey, achievements and receive support in making the changes you want to make
- Helping with setting new goals and staying on task
- Continuing to support you in promoting healthy relationships
- Linking in with other graduate parents and supporting each other’s journey
Daytime Graduate Parent Group 10am-12pm as follows:
- 14th June 2018
- 5th July 2018
- 19th July 2018
Evening Graduate Parent Group 6pm-8pm as follows:
- 15th June 2018
- 20th July 2018
- 17th August 2018
The groups are held at Learning Links, Suite 103, Technopole, Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth PO2 8FA.
If you are interested and would like to know more or to confirm your attendance please contact the Families team on 02392 29646
Contact us for further information on the upcoming courses we hold.