Location: Furnish Warehouse
Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the community whilst improving your own skills and experience.
To work as part of a team under supervision in our warehouse and yard, assisting with loading and unloading of vehicles, movement of items in and out of the warehouses, and within it at all times being alert to the need for safety and for efficient operations.
- Providing excellent service to our donors who come in person to the warehouses, receiving domestic appliances without causing damage to the item and placing them safely in the warehouse
- To load and unload vehicles with appropriate care and attention to safety
- To move items within the warehouse safely
- To carry out other duties and attend meetings and training as required commensurate with the post
- General warehouse duties required
Knowledge and skills to be gained:
- Day-to-day operations of a warehouse
- Of quality service to the customer
- Of administration procedures
- Of working under pressure in a busy environment
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Of Health and Safety procedures
- Knowledge within the reuse, recycling and rehabilitation industry.
If you are interested in volunteering, and are able to commit to at least 1 day per week, Please contact us for an informal chat to discuss available volunteering opportunities. Current opportunities will vary due to availability.