Location: The Furnish Warehouse, Portchester
Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the community whilst improving your own skills and experience.
To assist in the project designed to upcycle donated items into saleable goods for our customers.
The Project will utilise volunteer’s skills in line with the Learning Links Furnish health and safety regulations and our company ethos of mutual benefit.
Using the working practices, policies, procedures and values of Learning Links Furnish, ensure the project is carried out accordingly.
Work within the budget and achieve the financial goals set.
Participate in all training required by Learning Links, statutory and specific to role.
- Developing skills to accommodate the workshop.
- Working as a team
- Working to customer orders
- Following instructions
- Upcycling and reusing donated materials
Knowledge and skills to be gained:
- Gaining knowledge of the safe and correct use of all project equipment, for example upholstery and woodwork tools, sewing machine, craft tools, painting/spraying equipment
- Health and safety procedures, especially relating to manual handling
- How to deliver quality customer service
- How to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Working with the public
- Knowledge in the reuse and recycling industry