Welcome to a brand new week here at Learning Links. The sun is shining over Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight, and we are ready to support a wide range of different people to get from where they are to where they want to be, and we are going to start off with explaining why Learning Links/Furnish is the go to place for furniture in the local area. You see, we are NOT just a furniture store, we are a furniture store designed to make lasting, positive changes to the community and we do so by:
- Offering a 50% discount if you are in claim of benefits – yes, that’s correct! If you are in receipt of any benefit you are entitled to 50% off any product at our Furnish store (the only thing we ask is you provide proof of benefits before you make your purchase, give us a call for more details).
2. We bring in a wide variety of different volunteers within the local community to help refurbish some of our products and help boost their CV and give them some additional skills, this has supported so many different people already and we hope to do even more!
3. We are located at an easily accessible location in Kingston Road which is a key area to get to and busses are going by frequently. Also you can buy all of our products online – we would love for you to pop along and say hello…. oh, and what’s even better, check point number 4…
4. You can job search and speak to a National Careers advisor at the HUB the same time you make a purchase as we have our computers and NCS adviser set up next door waiting for you. We are always happy to help.
5. Furnish is a part of Learning Links, which is a charity, so the profits we make from our products are invested back into our charity to help provide more people with greater opportunities.
6. Our products are re-worked and fixed up ready for sale (with support from our local volunteers) and we keep working with the product until they are almost as good as new, we don’t allow something in the shop if it’s not very good. Everything we sell is good quality.
7. As we are here for you we are aware not all of us can afford to spend £200-£300 on a chair/table so we have made sure our products are affordable, if you don’t believe us come and check us out, you won’t believe your eyes. This brings us to point 8…
8. We have introduced the under £5 sale on products such as: chairs, mirrors, lamps, photo frames etc, and with 50% off you may potentially get all four items for under £10, if that’s not affordable we don’t know what is.
9. Our friendly staff are here to help you with your furniture needs and we are always happy to support you, we do not discriminate, we are here for all of you.
10. Because we’re COOL….. check out our amazing Santa’s Grotto event back in December.
Come and check us out at our Furniture road store or check out our website by clicking here.
To keep up to date with our social media postings please check out our Facebook page by clicking here.