Location: Either manning the warehouse or our showroom
Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the community whilst improving your own skills and experience.
Supporting the retail staff to provide a service to customers, helping to ensure that the shop operates as safely, effectively and efficiently as possible and that high standards of customer service are achieved and maintained.
- Providing an excellent service to our customers, assisting where possible in the selection of items suitable to their needs
- To ensure that the shop floor is organised so that customers and staff can move freely and safely in all areas
- To carry out other duties and attend meetings and training as required commensurate with the post and capability of the job holder
Knowledge and skills to be gained:
- Of Health and safety procedures, especially relating to manual handling
- Of quality service to the customer
- Of admin procedures
- Of working under pressure in a busy environment
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Of working with the public
- Telephone skills
- Knowledge in the reuse and recycling industry
If you are interested in volunteering, and are able to commit to at least 1 day per week, Please contact us for an informal chat to discuss available volunteering opportunities. Current opportunities will vary due to availability.