Reach your potential
Your learning journey starts here. Each year we help hundreds of people get back to work, change career, learn new skills and start new businesses. You are guided every step of the way by a team of experienced mentors, careers advisors and tutors.
Our careers advisers offer you one-to-one guidance to help you make the right choices about learning, employment and achieving your goals.
This service is free for people aged 18 or over living in the wider Portsmouth region and Isle of Wight.
- A school leaver, in college or university
- Looking for change in career
We can help you:
- choose a career
- change careers
- get back to work
Training: we can help you work out which skills you need
- Learn more to earn more: progress in your current job
- Choose training and courses that are right for you
- Find out about funding to support your learning
- Improve your reading, writing or maths skills
Get that job: we give you the support you need to succeed
- Developing your CV
- Improving your interview and presentation skills
- Learning about the local employment market
Make an appointment to get one-to-one support with our National Careers Service team or for more information:
email@example.com | 02392 496 460 (Portsmouth) | 01983 527 529 (Isle of Wight)
The National Careers Service website has lots of free resources including a free skills check, CV builder and ideas of key jobs for the future.
Breaking out of long-term unemployment
We work with people who have been out of work for 12 months or more. We understand that being unemployed can wreak havoc on your confidence, sense of self-worth and well-being. Our mentors can help you by preparing you for work and helping you get a job. We place 25 long-term unemployed people on average into work each month. If you are unemployed, we can help you. This service is free of charge.
Additionally, we organise work experience and employment opportunities with local employers to help you get ahead. We also offer group training in:
• CV and letter writing
• Team building
• Presentation skills
• Interview techniques
• Assisted job search
For more information about our Work Programme, please contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 02392 296 460 (Portsmouth) |01983 527529 (Isle of Wight)
Looking for the ideal candidate?
We work with local employers to help find the right person to fill a specific vacancy. This free-of-charge service can save you and your company time and money as we find the candidates with the appropriate skills, qualifications and values.
Employability/IT Support for over 50s (Isle of Wight)
We support people aged 50 and over, who feel isolated, are unemployed or just looking to change direction.
If you are looking for employment or simply want to meet people in a friendly and positive environment, please get in touch. Time and time again, people tell us that they feel very well supported, more confident, and ready to take on new challenges.
We also aim to encourage the Isle of Wight’s businesses to become truly age-friendly.
We have a pop up Job Club every fortnight at West Wight Sports Centre, for more details click here.
We have a weekly Drop in on a Friday for Jobsearch and IT Support, for more details click here.
We offer the following opportunities:
- One to one support and Workshops (free of charge)
- It’s all about learning new skills, joining in activities and getting out of the house. If you are unemployed and want to work, we can also help you overcome any barriers you face to employment by meeting training needs and encouraging you to learn new skills.
- IT in the workplace: build your IT skills
- Online Jobsearching, Registering for job sites and uploading your CV, setting up and using email accounts, online applications, Using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook and other related software. Setting up your Laptop/Tablet/Smart phone to access emails, web sites etc.
- Employability Skills
- Creating or reviewing your CV, identifying your skills, making applications (paper, online, verbal etc), identifying hidden job vacancies, interview techniques (including Mock Interviews), identifying local Training Opportunities, Supported Jobsearch Sessions.
- In Work Support
- Support when you go into new employment to help with the transition
- Identifying Local Volunteering Opportunities to enhance your skills
Find out more about the help we offer on our dedicated Facebook page.
Contact us for an informal chat about how we can help you to find your next job or training opportunity:
Tel: 01983 527529
Health problems holding you back?
We can help you start your own business. If you have health problems and have struggled to get or keep a job, this could be for you. We offer inspiration, resources and guidance to help you start and grow your own business.
Contact us to learn more:
email@example.com | 02392 296 460 (Portsmouth) | 01983 527529 (Isle of Wight)
I am grateful to Learning Links for their help in getting me back into work and into a job I enjoy.
My mentor helped put me at ease and by listening to everything I had to say, I didn’t feel quite as hopeless
I was struggling to get a job. Now, I have found new friends and am finding my feet.
I was guided by well-organised and knowledgeable trainers.
By Millie Salkeld (The News) My pride of place used to be the head of the table. My oak legs stood firm for family dinners, my cushioning provided the comfort at catch up lunches [...]
Junk to Funk offers the support you need if you have aspirations of employment and self-employment. Helping you make your business ideas a possibility. Through practical and creative workshops with life-coaching, business marketing & finance [...]
Learning Links will be at Our Place café at West Wight Sports and Community Centre once per month to speak with local residents about the services we have to offer. The idea is to reach further across [...]