30 hours per week
5pm on Thursday 28 June 2018
Learning Links is looking for an experienced coordinator to oversee and manage the daily operations of the Families contracts, to include team members and financial resources. The ideal candidate will manage and lead the team to achieve and exceed contractual targets and financial budget. You will work on the Families contract ensuring our customer journey delivers the very best experience and ensuring the team maximises contractual KPI’s as well as supporting effective budgetary control.
Operational Planning and Delivery
- Plan and deliver effective services that empower and meet the needs and requirements of families and comply with the requirements of Learning Links (Southern) Ltd and Funders.
- Be responsible for the implementation of a delivery plan for the projects according to an agreed format which sets out the deliverables and mechanisms for delivery and which will enable achievement of targeted outcomes. Gain approval of the Strategic Group and input from families.
- Monitor and report on project progress to the Business Development Manager, Learning Links’ Executive team and the Funders, as required.
- Be actively involved in the Strategic Group and Advisory Group secretariat function, ensuring that meetings are planned in advance, well attended, recorded and that actions are progressed in a timely way.
- Engage strategically with a wide range of cross-sector external partners, agencies and Learning Links services relevant to the needs of target families and negotiate/secure their support to families where appropriate; seeking to provide a holistic service to families that make most effective use of resources available from outside and within the project.
- Support and maintain effective working relationships with external agencies providing services/referrals to families, the Families Business development manager, Strategic Group members, staff and the Executive Team at Learning Links.
- Act as a budget holding Lead Professional where required, delivering Family Support work as defined by the Partners within the family home and community locations; including NVR, initial assessments, brokering specialist support, 1:1 action planning and support on the agreed core areas.
- Line-manage Family Support Workers and Administrator, providing proactive coaching and professional development support to facilitate excellent performance and effective team working.
- Supervise Family Support Workers and Administrator through an agreed project supervision structure that will involve project partners. Mutually agree Key Performance Indicators and conduct frequent reviews, providing timely and constructive feedback and development actions.
- Provide reflective casework supervision and support to team members in safeguarding.
- Recruit, support and coordinate the paid staff and volunteers.
- Be accountable for the project’s operational budget in line with the requirements of the Funders, working closely with and providing information to Learning Links’ financial team.
- Develop a robust, accountable and transparent mechanism – in collaboration with the Finance Team and Funders – for the disbursement of family budgets. Ensure that this facilitates the Lead Budget Holding professional model and the genuine empowerment of individual families within the specific objectives of the Family Action Plan.
Evaluation and Sustainability
- Establish monitoring and evaluation baselines and implementation processes in collaboration with partners, and the Business Development Manager.
- Ensure that accurate and timely evaluation information is collected and analysed, including the family savings calculator tool, with regular reporting internally.
- Promote the project and its good practice, in collaboration with the Marketing Officer, to local, regional and national cross-sector audiences in line with organisational and Funders requirements.
- Identify possible opportunities for Business Development so they can identify future funding and sustainability actions and undertake actions to for support this.
- Ensure that NVR and family assessments are undertaken to an appropriate standard and reviewed. Ensure that team members demonstrate the practice of Team around the Child and Lead Professional.
- Assist with the delivery of full CAF assessments as required, in line with organisational and Portsmouth Children Safeguarding Board policies and procedures.
- Be a lead professional in a ‘Team Around the Child/Family’, operating according to Learning Links and Portsmouth Children Safeguarding Board policies and procedures, as required.
- Document information as appropriate, observing Learning Links and project confidentiality, information sharing and security policies.
- Engage in regular reflective practice and maintain relevant professional knowledge on relevant professional, organisational and policy matters likely to impact upon practice and service delivery, utilising a Continuous Professional Development approach.
- Fulfil personal requirements where appropriate with regard to organisation policies and procedures, particularly safeguarding, information security, lone working, health and safety, equal opportunities, and customer care.
- Promote and develop equal opportunities both within the project and when dealing with outside bodies and individuals.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, as required, to meet the aims and objectives of the post or the organisation.
- Uphold, safeguard and promote the values, philosophy and culture of Learning Links (Southern) Ltd as referenced in Employee Handbooks, Memorandum and Articles and other organisational literature.
- Maintain customer relationship management records, databases and spreadsheets, with accuracy of a high standard and within specified deadlines.
- Provide a responsive service to customers, colleagues and partners, ensuring all enquiries are dealt with promptly, effectively and professionally whilst delivering the highest standard of customer care.
For the full job description please see here: Families Coordinator JD (June 2018)
To apply please download and complete the application form here: Application Form 2018
Please email tracey.kinsella@ learninglinks.co.uk with your completed application form.