Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the community whilst improving your own skills and experience.
- Supporting our drivers to provide a collection and delivery service to our donors and customers.
- Helping to ensure that the collection and delivery processes operate as effectively and efficiently as possible providing an excellent customer experience at all times.
- Assisting in loading vans with items to be delivered
- Assisting in carrying out deliveries and with making collections
- Reading road maps and assisting the driver with navigation
- Assisting with unloading of collected items, either into our warehouse or directly into our shop
Knowledge and skills to be gained:
- Of Health and Safety procedures especially relating to manual handling
- Of providing excellent customer service
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Of working with the public
- Of working under pressure in a busy environment
- Knowledge in the reuse, recycling and rehabilitation industry
If you are interested in volunteering, and are able to commit to at least 1 day per week, please contact us for an informal chat to discuss our current volunteering opportunities. Opportunities will vary due to availability.